Established under the watchful eye of the KBG, Za Vozvrashchenie na Rodinu (Return to the Motherland) was a newspaper created by the Cold War. Established in April 1955 in East Berlin as a biweekly publication, the newspaper was published by the Soviet Repatriation Committee, which was also established in 1955 and stayed active until 1958. The main objective of Za Vozvrashchenie na Rodinu was to create a favorable image of the Soviet Union and to criticize émigré organizations in the post-war period and during the Cold War. The newspaper was principally aimed at Russian emigrants and was an important anti-Western propaganda outlet for the USSR. During its publication, the newspaper was not available to the public on a subscription basis, and therefore it has become a rare information resource.
The Za Vozvrashchenie na Rodinu digital archive contains all obtainable issues published under this title from 1955-1960 (over 1,600 pages). After the third issue of 1960 the name of the newspaper was changed to Golos Rodiny (Voice of the Motherland).
The Za Vozvrashchenie na Rodinu digital archive offers scholars the most comprehensive collection available for this title, and features full page-level digitization, complete original graphics, and searchable text, and is cross-searchable with numerous other East View digital resources.