CDI offers full coverage of data in all industries with over 1,086 titles of statistical yearbooks, 1.4 million tables, and 13 million indicators.
CDI features authoritative data sources:
- Statistical yearbooks published and issued by all provinces of Mainland China
- Progress data from the National Bureau of Statistics and General Administration of Customs
- International data from the Organization for Economic Cooperation Development (OECD), United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) and United Nations Development Program (UNDP)
CDI covers 18 major topics, with the earliest data going back to 1949:
- General survey
- Investment in fixed assets
- Livelihood and prices
- Politics, law, and public management
- Transport, post, and telecommunications
- Tourism and catering services
- Culture and sports
- National accounts
- Population and human resources
- Enterprises and public institutions
- Natural resources, energy and environment
- Farmers, agriculture and rural areas
- Construction and housing
- Domestic trade and international economy
- Education, science and technology
- Public health
- One-stop search in both English and Chinese provides easy and accurate access to three dimensions – yearbooks, tables, indicators – and related resources in both English and Chinese. An interactive interface and information filtering functions help users easily find what they need and improve the accuracy of search results.
- Browse by Topics allows users to obtain all statistical yearbooks, entries (tables), and figures (indicators) related to a specific field.
- With customized datasets, users can create and download customized tables according to selected variables including region, indicators and time period.
- Data mining is made more accurate with detailed divisions of administrative areas (including 23 provinces, 5 autonomous regions, 4 municipalities, two Special Administrative Regions), finer classification of indicators, and selectable time intervals.